Job Category: Sales
, DC, US
This position is responsible for providing complex analytical and contract negotiation to support the delivery of Azure in the US across multiple business Segments. The LE will participate in the negotiation of final terms and conditions necessary to close Enterprise Agreements that enable customers to deploy and run Azure as the next step in the evolution of Microsoft's vision for software plus services
for business customers. Specific duties include contract negotiation, creation of scalable custom licensing solutions, working closely with the Azure Business Group, determining final terms and conditions necessary to close custom deals and other key volume licensing agreements.
Responsibilities: Provides expert knowledge of Microsoft volume licensing programs and negotiation strategies to the Groups General Managers and field sales force to increase volume:licensing sales. Directly participates in:
1. Negotiation of complex final terms and conditions necessary to independently close assigned agreements.
2. Makes key decisions on agreements and pricing with input from the management team and the business group responsible for Azure development and marketing.
3. Frequently participates in face:to:face negotiation with customers and also participates in negotiation with customers via phone and video teleconferences.
4. Consistently applies significantly complex licensing principles to reach successful sales solutions.
5. Identifies and resolves agreement issues, negotiating changes, recommending compromises, prepares contract amendments and coordinates the execution and distribution of agreements.
6. Ensures that sales and negotiation strategies adhere to the Enterprise sales model and maintains solid licensing practices, and legal standards.
7. Leverages partnerships where possible to extend reach of Microsoft sales effort.
8. Proactively identifies and recommends solutions for improving the agreement development, negotiation, and sales processes.
9. Reviews and may identify new licensing programs. Actively participates in the development of agreements related to such new programs.
10. Act as consultant to the Azure Business Group to help shape terms and conditions, pricing and licensing models and policies.
Contacts: This position will have frequent contact with all levels of Microsoft employees including individuals from the following groups: Channel Marketing, Finance and Operations, Legal, Financial Services Group Field Sales Force and Sales Management, Azure Business Group, Resellers, and Customers. Position has significant direct customer contact.
Qualifications Recommended: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with a minimum 7 years of business experience with a least 5 years of directly applicable experience in sales and marketing, operations management, finance, and/or contrac